Jordan has been traveling for work this week, so I’ve been a little more aloof than usual (if that’s possible)! As you’re probably aware, cooking has become one of my favorite hobbies. I love to try out new recipes and tweak them to our taste, plus it gives me an outlet to be creative while staying home with Warner. He has started eating almost everything Jordan & I eat, so I also like to introduce him to new flavors when it’s something I think he can tolerate. I don’t usually give him anything spicy (he already takes Zantac for reflux) or anything hard (nuts, uncooked veggies, etc.) because I know babies can choke easily! So far, he hasn’t shown any allergies, so that’s helpful, too.
With Jordan traveling, it didn’t make much sense for me to cook anything fancy for just Warner and I! I had been eating leftover barbacoa tacos I had made when my in-laws were here and feeding Warner fruits, veggies, and meats that I got just for him! Last night after Warner went to bed, I decided I didn’t want to eat tacos for the 4th day in a row and I wanted something spicy, so I was trying to think of what I could make with the ingredients I had on hand. I threw together this BBQ Chicken Pizza with some frozen chicken and puff pastry leftover from my Valentine’s Day treat and it turned out SUPER delicious! I had actually purchased the BBQ sauce on clearance at Walmart because they stopped selling that brand at our store (sad, because it’s SO tasty)! This seriously took less than 30 minutes and was the perfect meal to satisfy my spicy craving!!!
This was super quick, easy, and only has 6 ingredients and was the perfect size (plus a little extra) for just me while Jordan was away.
Let me know your favorite homemade pizza recipes in the comments- I’d love to keep a few things on hand to make these again!
30 Minute Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry
- 3/4 Cup Cooked Chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheeses
- 1/4 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Handful of Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a pizza sheet with freezer or parchment paper.
- Lay Puff Pastry on pizza sheet to defrost.
- Spread 3/4 cup of BBQ sauce onto the puff pastry, leaving a border like you would with a typical pizza. With the remainder, mix the cooked chicken with sauce to cover!
- Sprinkle chopped chicken evenly over the BBQ sauce covered puff pastry, then covered chicken with the mixed cheeses, and finally the red onion slices.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until puff pastry edges are browned and cheese looked melted!
- Cut into squares or slices, top with cilantro, & enjoy!!!!!
Tasty treats & sass,