Have a special lover you want to impress this Valentine’s Day?! These are the prefect treat after a super-sexy, romantic steak dinner! (Or McDonalds, like my favorite Valentine’s lunch memory in 2014, our first married Valentine’s Day together! We were looking at granite & lighting for our house and I had to eat or I was gonna “starve to death in the middle of a lighting emporium”! He did surprise me with homemade pasta & a chocolate torte that night, but I’ll forever cherish that McDonald’s memory!) Single?! Even better, make a double batch and shovel these bad boys into your mouth while you watch How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days & drink wine out of the bottle. I’ll probably go with the second option, because, while I’m married, Jordan doesn’t love sweets- which is weird, but also a blessing because I EFFIN LOVE TREATS (which you know if you’ve ever met me or seen my body type). Okay, this is really super simple, but I am including a few tricks because, if not used, you’ll end up having to lick half a jar of Nutella off your hands. Pro Tip: Skip anything labeled “Hint” if you’re interested in licking half a jar of Nutella off of your hands & also buy the 26.5 oz jar, or this set of two, 105.8 oz. tubs, if you’re feeling frisky! I’ve also included some of my favorite Valentine’s Day themed outfits, decor, & gifts in the widget below… just for fun!
RECIPE- Strawberry Nutella Puff Pastry Bites
- 13 oz. Jar Nutella
- Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (found in freezer section)
- 16 oz. Fresh Strawberries
- 2 TBSP Powdered Sugar
- 2 TBSP Water
Directions: Pictures below
- Remove puff pastry from freezer to thaw out- follow instructions on box.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- While puff pastry is still slightly frozen, unfold on floured cutting board. Cut down the fold lines and then cut each strip into 4 squares.
- (HINT: To keep Nutella from clumping on the floured pastry puff, use a pastry or basting brush to swipe water across each square, leaving 1/4 inch around the edges dry.)
- While pastry puff is still slightly frozen, use a spoon or butter knife to spread 1.5 TSP of Nutella across each pastry square. (HINT: It is difficult to spread the Nutella is the pastry puff is too thawed out. If this happens, stick squares into freezer for 5-10 minutes before trying again.)
- Wash and dry strawberries. Remove stems and cut in half (as shown in image below). Use knife to cut v-shape out of the top each half of the strawberry, creating the iconic heart shape.
- Place halved, heart-shaped strawberry in the middle of each square on the Nutella.
- Grease baking sheet and place each puff on the sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until pastry puff is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Use a flour sifter to sprinkle a dusting of powdered sugar over the finished product!
- ENJOY, friends!
Side note: I did not do this, but an egg wash (1 egg and a splash of water or milk, whisked together) brushed around the outside of the pastry would give them a nice shine!
I MUST figure out how to make these gluten free and still be delicious. Simey isn’t a big sweets person either so MORE FOR ME!!
I need ALL the hints! These look so delicious!
This stuff is good girl. I am not a mom and I’m coming back to this blog daily.